What is difference between SandBox and Farm Solution
- Farm solutions are hosted in the IIS worker process (W3WP.exe).
- If you run any code in farm solution the whole farm will got affected.
- If you deploy any feature or retract any feature the whole application pool got recycled.
- Since they are scoped as farm level, they have full trust access to all the resources.
- When the Sand boxed Solution property is set to False, selecting Build\Deploy will deploy the solution to the Farm Solution Gallery.
You can solve this problem, if app pool identity is Local Service by changing Application pool identity to Network-Service and then restart the IIS.
1) Ensure that the enable32BitAppOnWin64 setting for the “SharePoint Central Administration” app pool is set to False, and the same for the “SharePoint Web Services Root” app pool.
2) Edit applicationHost.config:
Claim Based Authentication
Consider the situation where you just need to have one user credential ie username and password and that is enough to access all your portals/websites.
Claims-based authentication (CBA) is based on concept of identity that works with any identity system. An Identity is represented by a security token. The security token is presented to an application which user is trying to get access. CBA provides a trust-based system between applications and a centralized provider that issues the token. Application trusts the user because it trusts the provider.
We can configure the Search Service in SharePoint 2010 to resolve the issues- error message “The search request was unable to connect to the Search Service.”
After installing SharePoint 2010, the Search web part will not work. This issue is due to Search Service was never setup, or configure. You need to configure the Search Service in SharePoint 2010.
Here you can see Search Service is setting up your SharePoint 2010 search box step-by-step:
- First start the Search Service application in Central Admin.
- Go to Application Management -> Manage service application
- Then start a new “Search Service Application.”
- Provide the application name, in this case- “Search Service Application.”
- Provide a search service account.
A default and custom master page allows you to easily create and use two master pages throughout your SharePoint site collection and/or each sub site. You could create your default master page that some pages will use and then create a second, custom master page that other pages will use.
Site Columns in SharePoint
Site columns are similar to content types in that they are centrally manged and can be added to sites and lists. They differ in that the information in a site column is focused to a single definition of data while content types enscapulate multiple site columns and definitions of data.
Example: A site column named Department is created as a single line of text for users to enter their department name and a content type is created named Projects which includes the site columns of Department, Project Name and Project Due Date.
Site columns can contain multiple types of information, ranging from a Single line of text to Managed Metadata. It is important to note the difference between metadata and managed metadata. Site columns are referred to as metadata since they represent an attribute a user wants to manage. Example: The site column of Department is an attribute that can be reused in multiple lists.
Content Type is a reusable collection of metadata (columns), workflow, behavior, and other settings for a category of items or documents in a Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 list or document library. Content types enable you to manage the settings for a category of information in a centralized, reusable way.
A content type is a flexible and reusable template of category of list item or document that defines the columns and behavior for an item in a list or a document in a document library.
We can create Search Service Application in sharepoint 2010 which can be used to search any contents (eg. list, sites, etc) in your search result page (New Site-> Basic Search Center)
Open SharePoint Central Administration. From the home page, Click on Manage service applications from the Application Management section.
On the Manage Service Applications page, on the ribbon, click New, and then click Search Service Application.
The above step will open the Create Search Service Application dialog. Here you need to fill below details:
- Provide a unique name for this Service Application.
- In the FAST Service Application, Chose none if you are not creating search service application for FAST search. Else chose the FAST search options.
- Give the Search Service Account.
- In the Application Pool for Search Admin Web Service section, either you can chose to create a new application pool or you can use an existing one.
- In the Application Pool for Search Query and Site Settings Web Service section, either you can chose to create a new application pool or you can use an existing one.
Then click on Ok, this will create the Search Service Application.
1. Open up your favorite PowerPoint with the cool theme you like or create your own.
2. Click the “Design” tab in the ribbon
3. Then click the little triangle in the corner of the themes to display more. (See arrow in snip above)
4. Click “Save Current Theme”
5. Choose a location and click save and now you’ve got a .THMX file!
Now you can apply this on the SharePoint 2010 side:
1. Just go into Site Actions, click Site Settings
2. In the Look and Feel section, click Site theme
3. In the Select a Theme section select the theme you uploaded.
How are 2010 Themes way better?
1. I just told you about the ability to create them in PowerPoint isn’t that cool enough
2. Extensible, export and import
3. Easily modify existing 2010 themes
4. Applies to both System (Layouts) and Application pages for better consistency across more of your pages including your web part pages and yes you can add custom CSS as well.
5. Designed for end users to be able to easily create and modify right through the browser
Linq to Sharepoint
1. Create the Enity Classes
This will create entity.cs file which will have all doc library objects and its methods.
This will consider only created libraries before running this command, further changes will not be considers. The changes to your SharePoint site would require you to regenerate the entity.cs file.
The LINQ to SharePoint query provider has some limitations, due to its use of CAML queries under the covers.
For example, with CAML, you cannot query more than one list at a time, so you can’t use a group join. LINQ to SharePoint does not support multi-fetch queries that query across multiple lists, or join clauses on fields other than Lookup fields.
You cannot define queries across multiple websites or that query different DataContext instances. You cannot use mathematical functions, because CAML does not support them.
we can use the code using Microsoft.SharePoint.Linq.DataContext except entity class.
2. Use the DataContext
3. Create Visual Webpart and add Gridview in the webpart design.
4. Write code using linq using EntityDataContext class
5. Create a new subsite and add webpart, you will see all the library list on the site.